CULTURAL CENTRE OF THE ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL
Ibrahim Rugova Street 1, Tirana
It was conceived as a complex of buildings and auxiliary facilities, consisting of the seat of the Holy Synod, with the central administrative offices of the Orthodox Autocephalous Church of Albania, conference rooms, a concert hall, a museum and an archive space.
The centre piece of the complex is the cathedral itself, a true Byzantine traditional shape converted into a modern design. The image of Christ Pantokrator laid in mosaics dominates the dome of the church. The marble iconostasis and the fine icons deserve attention. At the cathedral’s side raises a chapel decorated with beautiful frescoes.
ARTISTIC LYCEUM ''JORDAN MISJA''
Concert Hall ''Tonin Harapi''
Elbasan Street 45, Tirana
It all started in the fall of 1946.
The school was inaugurated during the days of October, within the framework of the culture week, while the lessons started regularly on November 11 of the same year, in compliance with a decision of the Ministry of Education and Culture, dated September 30.
The direction of this artistic school in the country, otherwise known as the artistic high school "Jordan Misja", was taken by Konstandin Trako (1946-1950), one of the few professional musicians of the time (graduated in choral conducting from the Royal Academy of of Fine Arts in Bucharest, in 1941 as a conductor of choral formations.
UNIVERSITY OF ARTS , TIRANA
Boulevard " Dëshmoret e Kombit ", Square
"Nënë Tereza "
The University of Arts, (UART), is a public institution of higher education with artistic character in Albania, which offers Bachelor Degree for the first cycle of studies, “Master of Science”/ “Master of Art”, “Professional Master Degree”, “Integrated Master Degree”, in Music, Fine Arts, and Scenic Art.
Established in 1966, the Higher Institute of Arts put together three artistic institutions: the State Conservatory of Tirana, School of Fine Arts, and High School of Actors "Alexander Moses". In 1990, according to the changes in the education system, the Higher Institute of Arts was established at a University level and was named “Academy of Arts".